Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Today marked 1000 miles for the diesel bike.

Fuel mileage for the second tank of fuel is 45 mpg. 8 gallons, 366 miles. IBA rules for the rally require the tank to be 80% filled with foam. That means 7 4x8x8 blocks in an 11 gallon tank. The bike was cutting out again before I refilled with fuel, but I was only able to add 8 gallons. It would seem I should have started with a 13 or 14 gallon tank, but unless someone has one of those to trade, I'll keep what I have.

I'm planning a Saddle Sore 1000 for Sunday January 28. So if anyone else riding a diesel bike wants the first recorded SS1K, you've got about 10 days to "get'r done." Route will probably be south on I95 and back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the foam retaining the fuel, or is the foam causing problems with the fuel pickup as it nears empty?

Congratulations on the build - I was watching quietly waiting for each new post.

Woot.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home