Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Polar Bear Ride is another success. Potomac Area Road Riders put on a good event.

There were about 50 bikes in the parking lot at Loehmann's Plaza. That's a lot fewer than normal. I rode the event with Dusty Collins and Calvin Hagen from the HRCA Factory Riders Club. At the event, I saw Randy Kuklis and Louis Caplan along with others who are there every year, the GWRRA and Buffalo Soldiers clubs were out again as they are every year.

Several people came up and looked at the bike when we pulled in, but after that, it didn't get many looks. The major reason for the initial crowd was the diesel clatter as we pulled in. Once I get something mounted to cover the empty frame rail up front, it should be even more inconspicuous.

The route was more challenging than usual this year. Normally the route passes several places to stop, eat and admire the other bikes going by. This year, we got lots of great twisty country roads almost no major highways and even a few miles of unpaved road. Our group got extra dirt, but only because I missed a corner.

This picture was taken on Gum Springs Road in Prince William County. The roads were wet, but not enough to worry about it soaking through, even without raingear over my 'Stich.

I made another adjustment to the primary belt and it continues to be a problem. Ergonomically, the bars need to be lowered and I need to add/change the backrest. The front of the seat needs to be raised to provide better support under my thighs. The right floor board is higher than the left one, but I set it up that way because the right board got moved out a couple of inches. I've only touched each side down once, but the roads were wet on New Year's Day and I've still to finish the first tank of fuel.

I disconnected the waste gate. Even with it disconnected, I didn't see the pressure go above 5 inches of boost. The engine shouldn't have a problem with twice that much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I broke down on the Lonestar run I need motorcycle towing that I could trust and these guys were the ones to help me out.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

When I broke down on the Lonestar run I need towing motorcycle that I could trust and these guys were the ones to help me out.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home