Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The bike doesn't run well when it's out of fuel.

After filling it with fuel, it continues to run. The fuel pickup is in the front of the tank, I think acceleration causes the fuel to move away from the pickup, this gets air in the line and when that bubble gets to the injectors, the engine dies. I was only able to put a little more than 9 gallons of fuel into the 11 gallon fuel cell. New fuel cell rules for the Iron Butt Rally require the tank to be 80% filled with foam, so that will cut the total capacity down a bit more. It went about 450 miles on 9 gallons, fuel economy is not quite what I'd hoped.

I've wired up a temperature gauge and the lighting for the boost gauge. I added an LED which comes on with the fan to the temp gauge, so it's both a gauge and a light. Yesterday on the commute, the temperature rose to just over 200F, but the fan didn't come on. The temp went that high at three different times, so the gauge seems to indicate everything is normal.

Next change is to add a fuse block with a total of 6 fuses. Three will be wired directly to the battery, the other three through the ignition.

1 Comments:

Blogger DUŠKA ALŽBĚTA said...

I would highly recommend Le_ meridian funding services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Le meridian funding service is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home